I went to bed at 1:30 this morning. Don’t know why, but I suspect it had to do with yesterday being my late night, my Adderall was taken later and it might have still been in my system. At any rate, Monkey Boy had his friend from down the row sleep over. That went VERY well. I was so proud of him.

And Aspie Teen as well. Maybe your house isn’t like my house, but my house is almost always in a state of somewhere between I just picked this place up and who the hell blew up what in this room? It’s a constant struggle for me, but I’ve learned to just let it be. What’s more important, that your kids saw you constantly live in a state of agitation because you were constantly cleaning, or them remembering you taking the time to NOT clean and sit down and watch TV with them? (I would’ve liked to say something more positive there, but I don’t feel like lying tonight I’m too tired).

Anyway I say that to say this, I told Monkey Boy that if he wanted to have his friend stay over, he had to clean up the downstairs and him and his brother had to clean up the Cave of Aspieness  which is their room.

I came home from work around 7:00 p.m. yesterday and my wife told me they got up first thing in the morning and started straightening up the house. The living room was neat, and vacuumed, and they spent a good amount of time in their room which looked SO MUCH better. I can’t even begin to tell you how most days I’ll just close the door after telling them to get the plates and cups down to the sink. I just don’t have the strength.

Anyway, because Tantrum Tot went to bed at a decent time, Wifey, Aspie Teen and I got to watch the movie Identity Thief, which was SO funny (except for some overtly sexual content/innuendos that they SO did NOT need to put in), and we all had a good time. After the movie wifey and I retired to our room with the Tot, Aspie Teen went upstairs and Monkey Boy and his friend got control of the large TV in the living room to watch a movie.

I told Monkey Boy that he was getting a late start watching the movie (10:00 p.m. to be exact), but hey it’s summer vacation right? But made him promise to shut it off right after the movie was done. Well we went into our room and I could NOT fall asleep for anything. Wifey was snoring away and this is a role reversal for us because I can literally fall asleep ANYWHERE and am usually out 2 minutes after my head hits the pillow. (Which is why I make sure my wife is set up with her drink, all her meds and pillows etc. before I get in bed).

Anyway, she’s snoring by 11:00 and I’m still reading my Kindle Fire. I hear the boys clowning around but after the movie they drop off to sleep too…finally around 1:30 a.m. I pass out. To be awakened by Tantrum Tot’s crying for a bottle at 4 a.m. I get up to get him a bottle, come back with it to Tantrum Tot on all fours in our bed, giggling like a maniac and from that kneeling position, jumped off the bed and ran out to the living room! WTH???

Needless to say, he refused to go back to sleep. I’ve been up since 4 a.m. Wifey got up as well. I missed the van in to work, and ended up having to take the Tot to day care, then coming home, switching vehicles and head into work driving under the divine influence of my Spanish coffee.

Made it through the day, came back and wifey had been at the doctor’s ALL day for an appointment. They finally started her on baby monitoring only she had to go for the first session today AFTER the doctor’s appointment and they made her go to the Triage center in the Emergency Room for the first visit??? She didn’t leave till 6 p.m.

She gets out, gets home, picks me up and we race over to the Day Care to pick up the Tot. I’m expecting him to be passed out on a mat or at least halfway to Pillow Street and Quilt Avenue.  But noooooo the little Energizer Bunny on crack is running around like he’s had a full nights rest!

We get him home, give him a bath and he’s still up and playing and giggling…now he’s starting to wind down, we put him on the pc playing Peggle but he starts losing it…hitting me, screaming. So I had to spank his little/meaty hand, because he mainly only gets spanked when he starts hitting during a tantrum, (not a meltdown). Well that sent him off the deep end…so I picked him up…sang to him a bit…and left him on my side of the bed with his pillow, blankey and bottle decompressing.

He’s asleep now, and I’m going to go move him, and then pass out. (hopefully). Wish me luck!